Monday, January 19, 2015

Death of Today

Rest in peace
Today has been lived
There will never be another the same
The clock strikes 12
A new day dawns
Another date

Men have died
Children have been born
I'm still here 
And so are you
But something's different
We're older, stronger

I was told once
"The day you do not learn something new is the day that you die"
Congratulations
You've learned something
And so have I

Take life by surprise
Watch the sun rise
Take a second to stand still
Look around
Open your eyes
There's always something new

Read a book
Take a picture
Draw a portrait
Tell them what you know
We can be immortal
But what's the use? 

The death of today
It's been here too long
The sun knows more than the earth
And void knows nothing
It's infinite
And we're all getting sucked in

No comments:

Post a Comment